Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Good Things About Cancer Treatment

Good Morning Cancer Patients and Caregivers;
Every year when the month of August rolls around I remember the physical state I was in having completed two rounds of chemo treatment from June and July that required me to sit in an infusion chair for 5 hours, for 5 days in a week and repeat it the next month. When August came, I started 25 days of radiation treatment while carrying a 24 hour chemo infusion pack. I was getting pretty run down and chemo'd out. I knew there was more to come on the journey. 

I have never been a half empty or half full guy but thought there must be something good about cancer treatment besides reminding you of your mortality. About the 18th of August I started putting together a list of the good things I had experienced from cancer treatment. First, the test results showed shrinking of the tumor and my health was stable. I also noticed that chemo brain had set in, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why I did certain things, but it didn't bother me. I began to put a list together of the good things about cancer treatment, specifically chemo and radiation.
  • Mosquitoes, tics and chiggers won't bite you.
  • If you need to lose weight, 5 days of chemo will do it quickly.
  • Legal use of steroids.
  • No need to shave.
  • A bald head dries fast.
  • Won't need to get a haircut for a while.
  • Eat foods you don't like because you have no sense of taste.
  • Beer is one of the few things I could taste.
  • You could apply for a handicap parking tag.
  • Blame everything on chemo brain.
  • Get more sleep.
  • Sunburned without being in the sun. 
  • Pleased with small accomplishments
  • Much lower set of expectations
I’m sure there are more but this was the list I remember developing one day when I was not feeling very well and just needed to lift my spirits.

 When the treatment has got you down and your spirits could use a lift, try this. Best case, it will create a diversion so you take your mind off not feeling well. Use your sense of humor and make it work for you.

Stay strong, keep your sense of humor and never give up.
                                                                                  
     

2 comments:

  1. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOVE SPELL, LOTTERY SPELL. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and elimination of diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I was diagnosed with diabetes .It was at work and  feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +234 802  501 2866   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, GOUT, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , TUMOR MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +234 901 075 4824

    ReplyDelete